Coming soon to …
At the home of South Park FC -
We are delighted to announce that we have recently received planning permission to update and improve our facilities, as well as convert the playing surface of our main pitch to a state of the art 3G surface by August 2021!!
Once this work has been completed it will give us one of the best sports facilities in Surrey and ‘The Reigate Community Hub’ will definitely be one of the best all round sports facilities in Reigate.
After three years of hard work everyone one at the Club is excited that this major project, that will benefit the local community, is in the final stages of completion.
3G Facility Timeline
- All completed paperwork must be issued to the Football Foundation
3rd week in July
- Our grant application goes before the panel for consideration and agreed percentage of funding
- I have spoken to our contractor (SIS Pitches) and they are aware of the late start
- They have stated that they are willing to carry out pre-contract works during July so that they can start mid August
- SIS have indicated that we are looking at 10 weeks best case 12 weeks worst case for this time of year
that would take us to end of October first week in November
- Obviously we will be in constant contact with SIS regarding proposed completion dates
- Therefore the Club will have to remain flexible on announcing a definite date to all the squads and leagues
- The work to the top pitches is due to take place in July/August. During these months most of the top
field will be fenced off to the general public - We are going to arrange for the fence panels, rubber feet etc to be delivered w/c 14th June
- We also need a ‘working party’ to dig out and cut the old goal post holes